Have you always wanted to host your own television talk show? Perhaps your dream is to demonstrate your skill as a yoga or dance instructor or teach members of the community how to dress for success. Whether your passion is art or wine or something in between, we can help you produce a program. You don’t have to be a member to submit a single program; but, if you plan on submitting a series of shows, membership is required.
If you have an idea for a program, give us a call at 530-272-8862 or email us at email@example.com. We can help you turn your idea into a reality.
Program Submissions & Scheduling Details
- Members should submit their shows at least two (2) weeks in advance of the requested play date.
- Members must schedule Live-to-air programming four (4) weeks before the scheduled airdate.
- Uploading content is the responsibility of the creator. Access to the upload site can be obtained by emailing us or visiting the studio.
- For those wishing to deliver their content in person, a free use of a computer at NCDMC is provided to facilitate the upload.
- The program creator accepts full responsibility for the content of this program/series. The program creator is responsible for obtaining all necessary waivers from individuals appearing in the program/series. Without these waivers, a program may not be aired.
- All series submitters must be members and sign a Program Submission Agreement agreeing to submit a specific number of programs on specific dates. Failure to provide two (2) programs on time or if technical or content problems exist, the result may be the loss of the regularly scheduled time slot. Staff will make notification if a show is in jeopardy.
- Submitters are responsible for indicating on the Program Submission Agreement form the appropriate category of the TV Parental Guidelines.
- Programs must begin with a message advising viewer discretion if they fall into these categories: (a) TV14 includes one or more of the following: intense violence, intense sexual situations, strong coarse language, or intensely suggestive dialogue. b) TVMA includes graphic violence, explicit sexual activity, or crude indecent language.
- Programs CAN NOT contain any material that is libelous, slanderous or defamatory, that is an unlawful invasion of privacy, violates state, federal or copyright laws.
- Programs created for Public Access CAN NOT contain commercial advertising or “call to actions”.
- NCDMC is not responsible for dropped off content or maintaining a copy of your programs.
- Air times for individual programs are scheduled at the discretion of NCDMC staff.
- Every effort will be made to air your program on the date(s) and time (s) you request but no guarantee will be made.
- Priority is given to government programs and programs produced by members within Nevada County.
- NCDMC may re-broadcast any program at any time, use for non-commercial use, upload to NCVTs Internet offerings and use excerpts for promotional purposes.
- NCDMC reserves the right to pre-empt any program for the presentation of a “Special” production or another non-scheduled program.
- The program creator MUST NOT represent themselves as NCDMC/NCTV or that they are affiliated with NCDMC /NCTV.